Revising or deleting a forum or topic
Note: To complete these procedures, you must be
assigned a role having the necessary permissions. To determine your
role, follow the directions in Participant roles. For a basic understanding of roles and
permissions, see Permissions and roles: Overview.
Note: To delete an individual forum message, see
Deleting a forum message.
Revising a forum or topic
To revise a forum, a topic, or the default template for newly
created forums and topics:
- In your site's menubar, click
Forums, and then
click one of the following:
- Template Settings: Settings from this default
template will apply each time you create a new forum or topic. You can
override these settings for an individual forum or topic after you've
- Forum Settings: This setting overrides the
default template settings for an individual forum.
- Topic Settings: This setting overrides the default
template and forum settings for an individual topic.
- For a forum or topic, you can change the title, descriptions, and
attachments. You can also choose to disable postings. For a forum or
topic or the default template, you can choose to modify
permissions. For instructions, see Controlling access to Forums.
- When you're finished, click one of the following:
- Save Settings: Saves your changes and returns you to
the Forums screen
- Save Draft: Saves your forum as a draft and returns you
to the Forums screen
- Save Settings & Add Topic: Saves your changes and
opens the Topic Settings screen for adding a new topic to your
forum; see Creating a new forum and topic in Forums.
- Delete Removes your forum and/or topic with all
associated messages, and takes you to a confirmation page
- Cancel Cancels your changes and returns you to the
Deleting a forum or topic
To delete a forum or topic you've created:
- On the Forums screen, find the forum or topic you wish to delete, and
next to its title, click
Forum Settings or
- At the bottom of the screen, click
- You'll see a warning message that asks you to confirm the deletion. At the bottom of the page, click